Daily PUMA Column - Commentary by Alessandro Machi

Sunday, October 23, 2022

I guess I should be grateful that Google hasn't shut down my blog for some made up reason, but these new article stats are almost just as bad.

When I wrote my previous article about the Los Angeles City Council hidden audio recordings, I decided to post it on various sites of mine on the web. Over the first couple of hours I had over 170 views and I ended up around 217 views over the first 24 hours. Usually when an article gets a higher hit count early on that tends to create a modest influx of hits over the next few weeks. 

However, since that first day and the 217 views,  the article about LA City Council has gotten NINE views total over the next 3 days. That is laughably low. Remember, out of the first 170 hits, I created those by posting a link on other sites of mine and they eventually created around 217 hits for the first 24 hours. In other words, Google literally provided ZERO VIEWS to my site.

Twice in the past year or two I have suddenly gotten hundreds of views for a spoof article I wrote 10 years ago about Arianna Huffington. After each visit by a few hundred visitors to the Huffington article, my daily total blog views suddenly dropped in half and stayed that way. The first time Huffington Bots arrived I was averaging around 250 to 300 views a day. Overnight my views were down to around 125. 

About a year later, the Huffington bots arrived again and now I average around 80 hits a day.

Study the stat hits below for my Los Angeles City Council article, it is basically impossible to have this kind of a stat flow for an article unless the views are being blocked by some outside, or, inside Google source. 



Please consider signing the Debt Neutrality Petition by clicking here.

No comments:

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers
Serious Customers Welcome.

Share Gadget

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com
Would this be a good way to win funds for Louisa's Law ?