Daily PUMA Column - Commentary by Alessandro Machi

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Madam Secretary TV Episode invokes Executive Privilege so Elizabeth McCord can ignore Congressonal subpoenas, but when the Trump Administration does the exact same thing, it's Obstruction of Justice according to Adam Schiff.

In what has to be one of the most timely ironic twists for late night syndicated TV mirroring real life events, the TV show Madam Secretary literally did EXACTLY what the Trump Administration is now trying to do in regards to subpoenas. 

The Madame Secretary episode, "But for the Grace of God go I" literally aired at 2 am Monday, Oct. 7th, 2019, approximately 15 hours after a slew of Democrat charges about the Trump Administration obstructing justice by ignoring subpoenas from Congress by the power of Executive Privilege.

Below is the transcript from Madam Secretary, Episode 22 from season 1 which aired in syndication Oct. 7, 2019, 2 am in the morning on CBS late night...

Regarding your situation, good news.
White House Counsel has made a legal determination, and they're going to invoke executive privilege in response to the subpoena, so, you're off the hook... for now.
Fantastic.
This is the part where you say, "Thank you, Russell, for your topnotch voodoo."
Of course I mean prowess.
I hate the way this looks.
It looks like Christmas morning.
It looks like I'm hiding behind some vague assertion of executive power because I have something to fear from the truth.
She has a quirk about principles.
Oh, we appreciate that about her.
As do I, but moderation in all things.
I understand how hard you must have worked to make this happen, Russell, but I can't fall in line.
I can't take the easy way out.
I don't need to invoke anything but the truth.
Facing the music is the right call, and the administration will be stronger for it.
(sighs)
Mr. President?
I'm here with Elizabeth.
She's declining executive privilege.
Sure. Hang on.
Hello, Mr. President.
Elizabeth, I am strongly advising you to take executive privilege.
(continues indistinctly)
Yes, sir. I... Yes, sir.
Dalton: Do we understand each other?
Yes, sir.
Dalton: Good.
Thank you, Mr. President.
Good-bye.
So, it looks like I'm gonna take that executive privilege.
I love it when it all works out.
(sighs)
(microwave beeps twice)

Please consider signing the Debt Neutrality Petition by clicking here.

No comments:

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers
Serious Customers Welcome.

Share Gadget

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com
Would this be a good way to win funds for Louisa's Law ?