Daily PUMA Column - Commentary by Alessandro Machi

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Philosophy of Not Moderating Blog Comments (Short Version)

Not moderating comments fosters more interaction. As proof, I accidentally left my Daily PUMA blog setting on the do not show until moderator approves setting, and only allow registered bloggers to post comments. I got six responses (half were my answers), and then the comments dried up. After I changed the moderator setting to let anybody reply without moderator approval, even Barack Obama, I noticed a new surge in comments to the same topic.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allesandro,

Just a note to thank you for your web site, and the great service you're doing for all of us.

Best wishes,

Virginia

Alessandro Machi said...

Thank you Virginia, I love hearing it. But now I have to electroshock myself to not take too much credit for the hard work of the PUMA community that is having to work overtime to counteract the fraud that parts of our mainstream news media appear to have greedily embraced.

Anonymous said...

Please list blog address for "Charlotte Front and Center"

helpmejoseph.typepad.com/charlotte_front_and_cente/

Thanks!

Alessandro Machi said...

You've been added.

Unknown said...

Cape Town’s most popular areas include Camps Bay, Clifton, V&A Waterfront, Llandudno, Hout Bay, Green Point, Sea Point & City Bowl. CapeHoliday.com provides the best accommodation in these areas, and many more.

cape town holiday

Share Tips said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.
Regards:
Share Tips

Latest Stock Market Tips Updates said...

Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my web site. Thanks =)
Stock Tips

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers

Best Quality VHS to Digital Transfers
Serious Customers Welcome.

Share Gadget

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com

10,000 Dollar Grant! Another Great Find from FABULOUSLY40.com
Would this be a good way to win funds for Louisa's Law ?